Thread: 1949 WS ticket
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 04:16 AM

Default Ticket value

Hi Gary,
While admittedly World Series tickets are not my specialty (I collect tickets from the regular season), without seeing scans of the tickets it would be difficult to make this call. Could you please post a picture or scan?

In looking at the box score for this game on retrosheet.org I did note that this game featured the NYY vs. the Brooklyn Dodgers. In game 1 at NYY "Super Chief" Allie Reynolds was masterful, twirling a 2-hitter en route to a 1-0 shutout over the Bums. Other than that, there was no offensive standout performance from Joe D. and Co. to drive up the value. The fact that the ticket(s) is full definitely increases it's overall value that would certainly be several hundred dollars, assuming that the condition is NM with no creases or damage.

FYI, there is a definite subset of ticket collectors that focus on the World Series theme. Many of these collectors PSA slab these tickets. The higher the grade, the higher the value. Full tickets in nice condition bring higher values. This alone would make these desirable to the ticket collecting hobby.

I hope this helps. Here is a photo of Allie Reynolds prior to game 1 of the 1949 WS out of my personal collection.
Happy New Year to you and everyone on net54!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Allie Reynolds 1949 World Series game 1 starter photo.jpg (69.2 KB, 150 views)