View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 10:20 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
They aren't grading the card again, they are just trying to verify that the slab has not been tampered with.
Ok. But it is authenticating cards that have already been graded, which is very close to the same thing.

Sorry, but an experienced collector cannot tell this from the scans before they buy? If the scans are of such poor quality that I cannot tell on eBay, I'm not pulling the trigger. A card that has been tampered with or a slab that gets damaged in the mail was already covered by the eBay guarantee - which is actually quite good.

I'd rather the card get to me quicker and take the risk (that pays off 95% of the time or more) that everything is just fine than have to send an SGC slab to PSA so that PSA can say the slab is not compromised on every single card over a certain amount. Sorry, that's just silly. I've had slabs arrive that are cracked in a way I didn't notice before I bought them. I've either sent them back in working with the seller, or had eBay step in on the rare occasion where the seller didn't want to play ball. It always works out. I'd rather do that only when I have to and trust the process that works the rest of the time. I guess I get what eBay is trying to do, I just think it should be optional.

Last edited by jchcollins; 05-23-2022 at 10:27 AM.