View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 06:52 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I advise you to actually go to a card show. Let me know what you see in terms of pricing. Dealers aren't adjusting anything. It's the same tired table show after show until the dealer stops showing up. Nobody cares about profit and that's the issue. I can't tell you how many times I've had some bum dealer tell me what they "have into" a card and then use that as some basis for their price. What do I care what you paid? It has nothing to do with what I'm willing to pay for a card.
This! plus 10000!... Whenever I hear this I always end up thinking to myself that I am not going to subsidize this poor dealers bad business decisions in buying a card(s) that are not rare, not in perfect condition and bail him out...I then thank him for his time and shuffle on along...

Just had this conversation with a dealer over a common he had priced 50% over guide on a mainstream 60's set and tell me he couldn't move on the price because he was into deep on it... smh... Thank you! have a good show....was a $10 card he had at $25....
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.