Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 01:42 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Had that on my Watchlist. Thought you got it for a great price.

I think the market is softening on a lot of stuff........or at the very least, it's very erratic, and fluctuations can vary wildly.

Also, with the new category changes and fracked up search engine, you're more likely to get bargains from smaller sellers, then you are from the giant consignment sellers who have already captured their market. Category changes and reliable search engines don't mean quite as much to them, as to the smaller seller who has a harder time being found on the platform.

I’m hoping the market is softening and isn’t my confirmation bias because I want that to happen. I’m kicking myself for forgetting to bid on the T219 Johnson that went cheap the day before.

I don’t want to dump on eBay because without them, I wouldn’t have half as many cards as I do, but boy was this change poorly thought out. It takes forever to search for what I want nowadays. I’ve found “boxing -box” works too to weed out some of the crap. It’s extra bad for us boxing dorks because at least half of the sellers have no clue what their cards even are to name them properly. Wish there was another platform, the BST here is great for baseball pickups but I’ve only done like 3 boxing deals here posting my want lists.