View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
There are numerous vintage cards out there that are old and some obscure that can be found in very high numbers in top condition. Some sets that come to mind, M116 sporting life, tAngo eggs, wasn't there a mellow mint find yielding lots of high-grade cards? Those Spaulding cards of the mid-20s sports champions, those Colgan square cards... and now suddenly e98's.

All of these other sets are not terribly desirable... I think because so many high-grade examples are available. So now take a set like your e98... which was about as hot as can be the last few years... and all of a sudden there are a huge percentage of high-grade cards.

What will become of e98?

are too many high-grade cards undesirable in the hobby?
First of all it is definitely NOT the square Colgans that have many high grade ones in the hobby. I am not sure I have seen more than 1-2 that are above a 4-5 grade and I have handled quite a few relative to their population. The round ones have a ton in high grade.

There are a lot of high grade collectors (not me) so the high grade E98s will have homes to go to. At what price is to be determined AND for the right price I might even add one to my collection.
I am still suspect of a lot of high grade cards, especially T206 and many 1950s (registry type) cards. The smaller the border the more suspect I am, but that is just me being suspicious. I am sure everything is ok .