View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Default Possible way to help Ben

Posted By: Mike McGrail

Just can't shake the ugly feeling that I got when I read Bens post. I feel worse about this then when the Steelers blew it AGAIN this past post season against the Pats. And I have been a die-hard Black and Gold fan since forever.

Anyway ... If my math is correct, some low life has taken Ben for 86 cards, not counting the Gretzky/Jordan.

I believe that this board has at least that many posters. What if we all adopt ONE of the cards and make it our personal mission to keep our eyes open for that particular one. Perferably a card that is close to our own colection area. Get to know the scan. And start keeping a regular eye on eBay and other channels. This may take awhile, but it could increase the odds of finding one of them. And one may lead to more .....

This doesn't stop us from also keeping our eye open for all of them, but it will surely increase the chances, won't it?

I'd be more than happy to do the admin on this to make sure that as many of the cards as possible get adopted. I have already marked myself down for the T206 Cobb bat off.

Come on folks, step up to the plate on this one.

Mike