View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 12:39 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Common sense like considering this woman was drafted or signed out of high school or college, or perhaps signed as an amateur free agent like every single person ever signed by a major league team? Common sense like considering this woman pitched several seasons of minor league baseball and was called up to the majors?

How are these things not common sense considerations to make about a potential woman playing major league baseball? That is how you find yourself on a major league roster.

I think what goes against common sense is to suggest the only scenario under which a woman plays major league baseball is a publicity stunt.
Yeah, I'm sure a woman will make it via genuine merit and performance. That's why, with a league that would absolutely love for that to happen, it never has.

We know damn well that if a woman was placed on the roster tomorrow it would be a diversity agenda publicity stunt. I'm sure you and a good deal of others would consider that 54 ERA a success for some fantasyland bullshit you want to make up because narrative comes first, but any rational person knows well that's not competitive. Can't wait for the next absurdist spin.