View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 06:59 PM
Banned

Default 1951 Vets Benefit- Giants VS Red Sox ticket stub- PSA Disappointment!!!

I own this 1951 exhibition vets Benefit ticket stub of Giants VS Red Sox I bought awhile back ago. This particular ticket would mark Willie Mays' Fenway Park debut. He would not appear again in the park until allstar break in 1961. However, PSA never labeled this as such, and even failed to mention this as Mays' Rookie season. In fact, not a word is mentioned of Mays. Bothered by this, I emailed PSA if they could relabel. They said they would at no additional charge if they did indeed make a mistake.
They finally email me back after research and said they would have to charge me, due to me not being the original submitter. I argued they made the mistake and I shouldn't have to pay for that. They argue back that they made no mistake, but when you miss significant details of a game, this can and does in fact lead to it being a mistake. In their defense, the ticket does read accurately....except there's no mention of Willie Mays. For me and many collectors, that's a big deal.
I go back and forth with PSA on this and they say they don't acknowledge exhibition games and that they don't count. Why bother grading them then? Here's the biggest kicker:customer relations supervisor, Angel, begins trying to contact me. We finally get in touch and she talks like she is there to help resolve the issue. She then begins to tell me how wrong I am and how right they (PSA) are!!! I said "So, even if I paid to have this relabled, you won't relable it the way I want?" She says "No, because it's not an official game. It is not a debut."
I get it....it's only an exhibition game. But seriously?!?! This was still Mays' debut into Fenway!! PSA is going to tell customers they are wrong now?!?! I told them I had evidence to prove this is what it is and they told me it didn't matter. They refused to acknowledge and hear about it. They would not relabel it! She then said that maybe it meant something to me and some Mays collectors. Isn't that any collectible, though? I couldn't believe my ears!!! PSA is telling their customers that they are WRONG?!?! This is the service everyone is paying for?!?! Absolutely mind blowing!!
Sure this game counts! Maybe not towards stats, but it meant something to the vets and those who attended; it meant something to the players who gave their all for this good cause; and it meant something for Mays stepping foot into Fenway park for the first time; it meant something to that one fan who perhaps was unknowingly seeing his one and only ballgame with Mays during his rookie season. This game MEANT something. Allstar games are also exhibition games, so it doesn't matter when a player does his first allstar appearance? PSA refuses to see any significance. Anyone else have any similar problems?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230629-183454_eBay.jpg (159.2 KB, 218 views)