View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 06:09 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I'll go with Jay and Steve on this. If the board prefers a no outing policy, that's fine. But how many times have any of us consigned an item and seen it go for less than we expected? And wouldn't it have been nice if one more serious bidder knew about the auction?

We all want to get top dollar for our consignments, and when we bid get incredibly good deals, but when you get that good deal somebody else is getting burned. Stay quiet if you prefer but I don't think outing is such a terrible thing.
Stuff sells for less than expected all of the time. If you don’t want that risk don’t sell in an auction format. Leon can do what he wants but the last sentence of your first paragraph to me suggests scenarios where people “out” auctions on this board to draw attention to their consignment.

Secondly, if I scour obscure auctions to find something and I locate something I want to bid on, it’s really frustrating to come on this board and see something posted about it, particularly so when the post comes from someone who isn’t bidding.

I think Fred made a simple mistake- he was curious about a piece and asked a question after he thought the auction was over. He wasn’t outing an auction to drum up interest in the piece, which I think is a terrible thing to see happen here.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972