View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 09:01 PM
Ma-rc Alph0ns0

I am seeing some here say that prices have dropped but that's not entirely accurate. Pretty much everything has dropped - however - even at the "dropped" prices, they are still higher than pre-covid prices so they have actually raised. Look at the 86 Jordan for example. They were selling at 30K during the 2019 National in late July of that year. Then by December, they were selling at 40K. Even if they have "dropped" in price from those two or four 700K sales, that is still a MASSIVE win for those who bought low.

I feel like the Mantles graded in the 5, 6 & 7 range are very underpriced - especially when you compare at the last few sales in PSA. How does a PSA 1 sell for 25-30K but then something like a 6 sells only between 110 & maybe $130K.

There is currently a 6 for auction at Heritage. I think it will hit the 120K mark. I think the 6's will be at the 300K before 2030 comes around. Just my guess seeing the popularity in cards and the demand for the 52 Mantle. As someone mentioned, there will always be people with deep pockets who want one. Feels like almost every new sale outsells the previous one when color and centering are similar.