Thread: October pickups
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 09:12 AM

Default October pickups

I just completed this 20" x 20" framed piece that features larger-format pinbacks featuring no-hit pitchers that I have been collecting for a number of years.
The top two rows are all standard 3" pinbacks of no-hit pitchers.

The bottom three rows feature pitchers that make up my own personal no-hit HOF.
Ryan and his 7 no-hit games. Pinbacks featuring him on all 3 teams in which he pitched a no-hitter (4 while playing for the Angels, 1 while on the Astros and 2 while winding down his career on the Texas Rangers).
The ARA 7 no-hitter button in the middle is particularly tough for a pinback produced in 1991.
The black and white Koufax stadium pinback from the early 1960's is a real tough one as well.

The bottom two rows have a few fantasy pinbacks that I had someone create for me, but only because no larger scale pinbacks for these players were ever produced.
Cy Young had 3 career no-hitters, Bob Feller (the 1940's stadium pinback is challenging and is a recent pickup) and Justin Verlander (Possibly this year's Cy Young winner).
Verlander pinbacks feature Justin in his DET Tigers uniform (2 no-hitters) and Astros uniform (1 no-hitter so far ).

The bottom row features all of the remaining pitchers (other than Nolan Ryan-1973 on the Angels) that have pulled off the challenging task of pitching 2 no-hitters in a single season.
Johnny Vander Meer (ML record back-to-back no-hitters in 1938), Allie Reynolds (1951), Virgil Trucks (1952), Roy Halladay (2010) and finally Mad Max Scherzer (2015).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg No hitter larger pinbacks-1.jpg (183.4 KB, 1154 views)
File Type: jpg No-hitter larger pinbacks-2.jpg (145.5 KB, 1139 views)
File Type: jpg No hitter larger pinbacks-3.jpg (144.0 KB, 1143 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 10-02-2022 at 10:55 AM.