Thread: Victor bat
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 11:25 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

I think it's more of a courtesy to other board-member-bidders on items like the Victor bat where there is no question of authenticity. Adding even one bidder to the mix can push up the final price, which is good for the seller, but costs the winner more dough. It may not be a hard-fast rule, but I think everyone likes getting a deal because they're the only serious bidder who spotted an item, and seeing a post like this about an item you're already watching or bidding on virtually eliminates that possibility. Oddball, ill-described, or mis-categorized gems do still slip under the radar on eBay every day. I think of it like a Gold Rush miner: if I find something through diligent searching and keen observation, I don't want anyone trumpeting my find for everyone to see until I've got all the gold secured in my bank lest it should get stolen out from under me.

By all means though, if a sig looks forged or a repro is being passed off as authentic, post those while the auction is still active if possible. You never know who you might save some headache.

Just my two cents.