View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 02:21 PM
M@rk Comer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurri17 View Post
Yes, the A's of '71 thru '76 after which they had pretty much been dissolved were to me as the Orioles were to you. Joe Rudi and Campy were my favorites. Rudi was a quiet, classy guy who was I believe an underrated player, and man Campy was a spark plug for that team. I loved Hunter, Bando, Tenace, Green,and Holtzman as well, and heck, there were so many others who contributed. Was never a big Reggie fan, obviously enjoyed his contributions, but not his demeanor, and still feel Campy should have won the MVP over Reggie in the '73 Series.
As a fan of the defensive part of baseball I thought Rudi’s catch in 1972 was one of the greatest outfielder catches. From what I can recall he hit well in clutch situation and did well overall especially in the postseason. He almost won a few MVP awards. I agree he was underrated. Would like to see you post your favorite Rudi card or if you collect memorabilia maybe a favorite A’s item.

I was definitely a fan of Campy. Man, he was a slick fielder and a very good base stealer. Loved getting his cards when I was growing up. Possibly post your favorite Campy item?

Did anyone like Reggie?!? Ha!

Last edited by Mark70Z; 01-01-2020 at 03:03 PM.