Thread: PSA backlog
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 07:11 PM

I guess for myself I’ve never seen the value in getting them graded. When I began collecting and working in shops before owning one. Grading cards was the best part of the hobby. Learning from other critics and them learning from myself. The eye, the tools and techniques. It was important to the buyer and the seller. Now some ghost slaps a golden number on a case with a seal and everyone’s stuck with an interpretation that many times I feel is flawed. One time I picked up a Dr J rookie and called a friend who was a graders grader. I told him I’ve got something and I’ve got a notebook with a letter and I’m on my way over in an hour. He looked it over for 30 minutes or more. He said what’s your letter lol I told him if it’s the same as yours your buying me lunch. His was a M and mine was a W. Possibly the nicest on the planet. I believe it went to a very happy man in Colorado. Now it’s a number from some ghost. Maybe that’s best if you’re buying or selling. It’s just no fun and little discussion.