View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 10:33 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

[QUOTE=egbeachley;1831982]Secondary to the fraud is the fact that we all losing all these great 100-year old cards to fake signatures.

I totally agree and that's one of the reasons I collect the Magee cards, I feel as if many have been lost to card doctors trying to change the Magee to Magie. Relative to the autograph forging I'm sorry to say I believe this is just scratching the surface as many have already mentioned. Personally, I wouldn't trust any autograph nor would I collect any card that had been altered in anyway. I would guess that many backstamp cards have been "created" recently though they don't carry anywhere near the premium that the t206 auto cards do.

It's all a sad commentary on the state of some aspects of the hobby. I would think this has ruined the fun of things for many of us as those holding certified t206 auto's are questioning the validity of their signed cards. Not knowing is often worse than knowing. I feel for you. Hope the perpetrators get more than what they deserve.

Last edited by iwantitiwinit; 12-01-2018 at 10:34 AM.