View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 12:34 AM
Al

Default Now Open - Love of the Game Auctions' Fall Premier Auction

Hi all:

Hope everybody is doing well.

Just a quick note to let you all know that the LOTG Fall auction is open for bidding. Closing date is November 25 - the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

This is a really fun one, just loaded with interesting finds and collections. Many of you have probably heard or read about the 1921 Herpolsheimer's find. I'm super excited about these cards, because I think they change pretty much everything we know about the set. Not only are there six new cards to add to the checklist, but all the others become 1 of 2, which in my opinion dramatically increases the likelihood that the cards were actually distributed by the Grand Rapids retailer, and are just super rare. The most important card is, of course, the Babe Ruth, but to me they're all pretty important.

We are also featuring an ultra rare 1910 Punch Cigars Pop Lloyd - one of the most important of all Cuban cards, a card that hasn't been made available for public sale in ten years.

And there's also an extremely rare 1908 American League Publishing Ty Cobb, a super-tough card that rarely makes itself available.

Probably my favorite part of this auction is what I'm calling the Shibe Park Autographed Card collection. It's a large collection of signed, vintage cards, many of which were obtained by a young Philadelphia collector in 1939 and 1940, by hanging out at the train station near Shibe Park, and getting signatures of players arriving for games. He continued to get autographs in person and through the mail for many years, and we're offering a few hundred 1939 and 1940 Play Ball cards, highlighted by a gorgeous rookie Ted Williams.

I invite you to take a look at the auction - it's got a ton of interesting rarities, seldom-seen memorabilia, lots of autographs, complete sets, and easily the best 19th Century section we've ever had - for those of you who are bored with all this prewar baseball, there's even a bunch of unopened modern boxes!

Good luck bidding, and of course, during the auction is the best time to reach out if you've got something awesome you're considering consigning!

https://bid.loveofthegameauctions.com/Lots/Gallery

Thanks for reading,
-Al

Last edited by Al C.risafulli; 11-09-2023 at 12:38 AM.