View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 10:01 PM
John

Default another set break auction (PWCC)

It was nice to see a mid-grade set break. Most of the recent ones have been high grade. I decided not to go for upgrades, so I just focused on the 5 I needed (plus the Nagurski just because its hard to ignore. And it didn't disappoint - 10K in a PSA 4! - I don't have VCP, but my guess would be that's a record).

I assumed that the 2 high numbers would soar out of my price range early, so I focused on the 3 low numbers I needed. I soon eliminated the Montgomery because it looked like it might have been "worked on" (the second opinion I asked for agreed). Fast Forward to the last day and the Shipwreck had gone above my valuation for the centering (and I’m not even picky about centering) and the Dutch Clark was really close to my max, so I figured I would come away empty…. But then I looked at the Ernie Smith and Dell Isola and since they weren’t that high yet, I figured what the heck and set a snipe. To my surprise… I won both! I’m happy with them - they look nice in hand (even the holders are in great condition) and it means I’m done with the high numbers. Three cards to go! Here are the new ones:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26_Dell_Isola_Front_6.jpg (76.1 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg 26_Dell_Isola_Reverse_6.jpg (77.2 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg 33_Ernie_Smith_Front_5.jpg (76.5 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 33_Ernie_Smith_Reverse_5.jpg (75.8 KB, 115 views)

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 03-05-2016 at 10:10 PM. Reason: typos