View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 07:49 AM
Michael

A couple of interesting pickups.

Those who collect the Mantle Country Cookin' matchbooks know there are several variations based on the restaurant address listed on the inside. In addition to the 6 addresses (one having a variation of its own to make 7 different), there is a variation without an address. I picked up another variation of the "no address" variation. The first picture is of the matchbook I recently acquired, the second is of the one I've had for a while. Obviously the text layout is different.

Another interesting pickup is a SportsPix premium, see attached. I know there are 3 known variations, of which I have 2. One is 8"-by-10", one is 8"-by-10-1/2", and one is 8"-by-11" (I don't have this one). My new pickup is 8"-by-10" and is printed on non-glossy paper (the others are on glossy paper). The address is the same as on the 8"-by-10-1/2" version, although on this version it is not as close to the Mantle photo. I'm not 100% sure it's a legitimate version and not some "fantasy" piece. Does anyone else have this version?