View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 02:01 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
They are tools. Saying the gun alone is not the problem is a straw man argument. Literally no one thinks guns are inherently evil and will do damage on their own. I’ll take my chances against someone with a hammer, a bat, etc. The guy in Vegas was not chucking those things out of the window and if he was that wouldn’t be such a big deal.

If you’re against giving anything up, I guess we need to do what we can always do. Impose a tax and make guns or bullets prohibitively expensive. Chris Rock said $5k a bullet would ensure they are used more wisely. Starting to agree.

I’m at least on board with a training commitment from gun purchasers. As soon as I have faith that a gun owner is responsible I’d be more comfortable with them out there. As it stands, the bad guys with a gun seem to be winning against the good guys with a gun.
Yet all of the proposed bans are acting as if the tool is sentient and punish normal people, not actual perpetrators of crime.

Whoever has a majority block should just tax at 10000% anything the other side does that they don’t like. Great idea. Anyone support a 10000% tax rate on any tool that be used to communicate your first amendment rights?

Even left-wing courts are not going to uphold an effective 10000% tax on constitutional rights. This is lunacy.