View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 12:13 PM
N.ate A.dams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
Not saying the price is anywhere close between those two cards, just that the situation would be the same in that the demand would still be so high that the price would remain high. PSA has slabbed 32 Wagners, I believe, so the supply would double, but that would hardly take the edge of the demand for the card, so I don't think there would be an impact on the current price.

With regard to price, I think it is actually a little bit of both of what you all are discussing.

I think the overall value of the Wagners would remain the same, but there would be a much greater disparity between a PSA/SGC 1 Wagner and a PSA/SGC 5 Wagner. The top price would probably skyrocket for whatever the highest grade was for this hypothetically discovered hoard of Wagners (Let's say EX to EX-MT range), higher than any price for any card in history - but that would most likely drive the price down for a PSA 1 Wagner.

Basically - I could have summed it all up by saying this.

I think it would become much less expensive to own A Wagner, but I also think it would become much more expensive to own the best Wagners. The current Wagner hunters would move toward the upper tier of Wagners, while new collectors would now be in the game for a lesser Wagner.

I believe the current estimated count of Wagners is 57. In this hypothetical situation, that obviously puts the new number at 102.