View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 07:56 AM
N.ate A.dams

Default Discussion: Good thing or bad thing for the hobby if a hoard of T206 Wagners is found

I was just thinking about this when scouring eBay.

What if the improbable happened, and there was a discovery similar to the T206 Ty Cobb/Ty Cobb back find recently. For the sake of the discussion, let's say hypothetically that 45 T206 Wagners were found in PR to EX condition by some former employee at the American Lithographic Company. Let's also assume that like most T206s, the vast majority of those 45 were on the lower end of the spectrum (Poor to Good). The reason for that is because the employee used some of them as playing cards and as bookmarks.

I think we could agree that it would be good for the hobby in the short term (1 year), but, aside from financially devaluing the T206 Wagner, would it be good or bad for the hobby in the long run?

I enjoyed running with that thought on a boring Friday where I am literally working for the weekend -and yes, I sang that out loud as I typed it. Curious to see what you all think...

Last edited by npa589; 05-18-2018 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added some more details to the hypothetical situation