View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 10:35 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I know he's not your typical HOFer but hitting 40 home runs five years in a row is pretty special.
Yes, it is. And if it weren't for an absolutely horrid 2011 season where he hit .159, he would have had ten 30 home run seasons in a row. That's something Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and Hank Aaron didn't accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
If Dunn had struck out less, he would have grounded into more double plays.
That made me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Steroids AND a dick head.
Oh, yes. I was in Milwaukee when we brought Sheffield up to the Majors. He was a total head case, thought his you-know-what didn't stink, even though he hit .247 with 5 HR and 32 RBI in his second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDice View Post
This generations Dave Kingman.
Well, that's not really fair, or accurate. Kingman, when he wasn't hitting a home run, was an out. He had a career .302 OBP. He only walked 60 times in a season once. Dunn has a career .365 OBP. So even though he doesn't hit for average, he still gets on base a good amount of the time. Eight seasons with over 100 walks, two of which he led the league, and another season in which he walked 128 times, tells me that Dunn had at least a decent eye. Kingman's stats tells me he was up there swinging for the fences, and not doing much else.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.