View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
I relied on my expertise, Chris. I put my money where my mouth is, and lost. I was fooled. (I trust my own expertise, too, when I fly. As a licensed pilot, I put my life in my own hands often. I trust myself, and I'm willing to act on that trust. I've bounced a landing or two, but I'm still here.)

I know that you, on the other hand, have never been fooled; you have never made a mistake. When you authenticate an autograph, you speak ex cathedra. I wish I had such skill.

But tell us, Chris, about your renowned Tom Tresh collection. Have you ever put your money where your mouth is? Have you ever trusted your own "expertise" by actually buying something worth more then a ten-spot?

(BYW, right now, this is between me and Chris. No one else. He goaded me, and I reacted. I could, I suppose, have taken the high road, but I chose not to. I've told Chris what I think of him, and I'm done. Chris, of course, can choose to continue this, but it's no one else's business. Let's keep it that way, shall we?)
Ironically, Mr. Atkatz, I wasn't "goading" you at all. I was asking a serious question in response to your post?

When I want to "goad" you, you will know it.

As for my Tommy Tresh collection, it's what I've been collecting since I bought my first Topps card in 1964. If you wish to make fun of it, that's your choice.

I never knew that "collecting" is based on whether an item is purchased for a "ten-spot" or 10K.