View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 08:18 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Default What do you think on this Clemente RC on eBay - Strange

What do you think on Clemente RC?

If you agree that it IS authentic - does it grade higher than 4?

Obviously the seller has run into issues on eBay with this card previously - I'm wondering why he wouldn't just send in to TPG and get it slabbed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Topps-...IAAOSw2E5fQvLl

The sellers description reads :

First off let me be very clear that this card is an authentic 1955 Topps Baseball Card of Pittsburgh Pirate great Roberto Clemente. The re-listing of the card is my response to ebay accusing me of listing this previously as a real deal 1955 Topps card that in their minds is counterfeit. Obviously eBay does not know the first thing about vintage sports cards. ebay refuses to speak to me about the authenticity of this card, and will not reveal any sources that lead them to removing the card and threatening to suspend my account. Come on ebay (supposed) card experts. Stop saying you do not talk to people, yet remove my card and threaten me without having any accountability. ebay has said many strange and unfounded things about me and this card, which I'm challenging. I really hope you the card collecting community can let ebay know what you think after viewing the photos I have taken. I pulled the card out of the holder and took pictures of it in it's raw form. If any serious card collectors think this is fake, please let me know what distinguishing characters lead you to that conclusion. Thanks, and by the way this card was pulled from a 1955 Topps pack by my cousin in 1955, and he had the card in his possession for over 60 years before selling it to me. He thinks it is unbelievable(as do I) that people doubt whether this card is real or not. He said he can still remember the day he pulled it from the pack! I guess ebay knows nothing about raw cards, and only believes that graded cards are authentic. We all know that even graded cards have been shown to be altered, fakes, etc.