View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 10:11 PM
4L3X

Everyone thank you soo much for all of the great replies!!! I have gone through each post and started research on all the recommended sets/sub sets/focus areas! I am starting to get that great feeling I once had about collecting cards when I was young. Since I have not followed collecting in such a long time I have lost my knowledge on the market prices like I once had. I worked in a card shop for a few years and it was sad that the card companies couldnt figure out that they were killing their following by flooding the hobby with an infinite supply of cards that couldnt possibly hold their "beckett value." It was always awful to see the look on a collectors face when they came in to sell their lifelong collection and I had to tell them what its real current value was. I think that is definitely a reason that I am soo interested in getting back into collecting in preWWII. I have noticed that right now seems like a great time to be collecting vintage cards as far as current prices? Is this correct?