View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Default Auction closing methods - individual vs. simultaneous lot closing

Posted By: Marty

I like everything closing on one night. I do not want to save for the next night and then find out that I am priced out and I have already passed the night before.

I want a page where I can delete the lots that I have bid on but no longer have an interest in following. With REA, I havd 35 lots that I bid on that took a while to refresh and then I had to scroll up and down to look at everything. If I could knock off 25 lots and have an automatic refresh every few minutes, I would know if I was out bid. With Mastro, the lines are closer together, but I still have my list littered and I can see how much longer before it is over.

I want a system that is not so slow that it takes 20-60 seconds to go to a lot and place a bid. I am glad that I have cable. A five minute clock that I could see would cut the time down. There are bidders who place a bid every 14 minutes to drag the night on and wait to bid on the items they most want until late. If the auction would close when there was less than 5-10 different bidders in a 5 minute period, that should help. If there are two people bidding quickly on the same lot at the end, call them on the phone or let them continue.

I want my bid page to show what my last bid was and the current bid. On the final night, I don't care much what the starting bid was, this is of no value to me. I want a column that tells me what my total with vig is and a total for everything that I have bid on. On a $15,000 item, I think that the next bump being $1800 with vig is a little much, and $250 is little low.

I know that little of this will be considered, it is just part of my want list.