View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 03:08 PM
J0hn H@rper

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I wonder if people are jackasses for rooting for price increases that price others out of the hobby. I suspect it only works one way; collectors who are collecting and not selling are supposed to root for price increases to their own detriment while the investors have no obligation to root for the benefit of anyone else over their own.
I think you can find "I want the market to crash for my own benefit" POVs to be in poor taste without expecting those people to root for price gains to their own detriment either.

A few have occasionally said here "I want everything to collapse, just so I can buy stuff really cheap" without taking into account any other issues that it'd cause the hobby too (ones that have nothing to do with someone else's loss in asset value). And after a major market fluctuation, sometimes you can sense the joy that some have (not here necessarily, but in general) in anything really going downhill and poorly-timed buyers losing their ass. So I see Adam's point.

That being said, I agree that it's naturally not close to the biggest hobby problem around.