View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 09:55 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie_t View Post
First off!

Thanks go out to Scott in hooking me up with a gentleman that had an extra ticket of Frank Howards last MLB Home Run. As a result of that networking, I am now the very proud owner of this ticket stub.

Which, by the way is now a focus of my collecting along with Topps variations from my collected sets. SCORE!

Hondo was playing for the Detroit Tigers and the game was in Fenway against Boston. Hondo smacked #382 off of pitcher Bill Lee in the seventh inning. Boom, #382 was in the books. Hondo went 3 for 4 in that appearance, scoring twice and had one RBI. Detroit went on to win the game 6 - 1.

This ticket for me is one of the Grail tickets and I am STOKED to have it in my possession. Now on to the other Hondo ticket stubs that I am looking for.

An interesting side story. A couple of Frank's teammates on Detroit during that game: Joe Coleman, Ed Brinkman, and Aurelio Rodriguez. Who were teammates with Frank when he played for the Senators.

Cheers!

Butch
Nice pickup, and as you have found out, Scott could probably find a ticket to a game on Mars. LOL
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete