View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 06:52 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Default Frank Howard Home Run #382 - Last MLB Home Run

First off!

Thanks go out to Scott in hooking me up with a gentleman that had an extra ticket of Frank Howards last MLB Home Run. As a result of that networking, I am now the very proud owner of this ticket stub.

Which, by the way is now a focus of my collecting along with Topps variations from my collected sets. SCORE!

Hondo was playing for the Detroit Tigers and the game was in Fenway against Boston. Hondo smacked #382 off of pitcher Bill Lee in the seventh inning. Boom, #382 was in the books. Hondo went 3 for 4 in that appearance, scoring twice and had one RBI. Detroit went on to win the game 6 - 1.

This ticket for me is one of the Grail tickets and I am STOKED to have it in my possession. Now on to the other Hondo ticket stubs that I am looking for.

An interesting side story. A couple of Frank's teammates on Detroit during that game: Joe Coleman, Ed Brinkman, and Aurelio Rodriguez. Who were teammates with Frank when he played for the Senators.

Cheers!

Butch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frank Howard Home Run #382.jpg (167.3 KB, 427 views)

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.

Last edited by butchie_t; 10-04-2022 at 09:46 AM.