View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emergencydonut View Post
Can anybody help me understand whether this ticket stub I recently bought is what it was advertised as? The ebay seller says that it came out of a meticulously kept/labeled collection, and that this was for this 5/1/1933 game, in which Arky Vaughan hit his first grand slam (and inside-the-parker!)

There's a big "55" on the ticket, but 5/1/33 was certainly not the 55th Pittsburgh or Philadelphia game of that season, so I'm not sure what this might refer to, or if this means that this ticket stub wasn't from that game. In any case, I'd hugely appreciate any help. Thanks!
As far as I know nobody has ever figured out how the ticket numbers correspond to specific games for those Phillies tickets. I believe that specific seller just made up information for all of the tickets they listed on eBay. The entire group of tickets were a recent purchase from a Huggins & Scott auction. There was no reference to any back story or hand writing referring to specific dates in the auction listing. Unfortunately I think someone bought the lot, made up several fake listings to flip them on eBay and made a 5 figure profit in the scam. I hope I’m wrong but the facts seem to point to that.