View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 08:12 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Added a new one to the main post.

I am strongly of the opinion that no TPG should be certifying cards as authentic deserving a number grade without verifying that the autograph and patch are original to the card. Is this impossible? Possibly. Maybe patches are a bridge too far. But authentication is their #1 job, and they're getting it wrong so often it's ridiculous and customers need to demand better.

We know at least 10 players who either used autopens or had family members sign for them. Cards with streaky or faded autos are being wiped down and re-signed either by the original player or a forger. Autos are being re-touched by alterers.

Sticker autos are being added to base cards and scammers are printing "Panini Authenticated Auto" on the back. Patches are getting swapped for jersey pieces with more colorful patches on them, some straight from Wal-Mart.

None of the grading companies, to my knowledge, notify you that they do not authenticate the autos or patches despite grading the card. If so, it's buried 30 pages deep on their website. If they're not willing to authenticate the auto or patch are true and original, they should disclose that ON THE SLABS.
Doesn't Topps state on their cards that all autographs are signed in front of a representative?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo