View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 02:18 PM
J0hn Collin$

In terms of real thing most likely to uphold, I hope I finish my subset of 1958 Topps All-Stars. I think the only HOF'ers I'm down to needing are Aparicio, Nellie Fox, and Warren Spahn. Besides that I need most of the "common" All-Stars, but they aren't terribly expensive.

For a goal I hope I can achieve, but which I may be less likely to totally stay on the wagon with - I want to be more reasonable with my hobby purchases, and saving for cards I know I want to buy. Not all the time, but at least for some of the last 5-6 years, I have been heavily given to occasionally "impulse buy" - and while that can be great at the time / while you are doing it, it sometimes leads to confusion and frustration down the road when it becomes evident that a purchase or series of purchases was not well thought-out in terms of my longer term hobby goals. That, plus it's always easier I think to make a purchase decision I can feel proud of if whatever it is I'm buying is paid for up front. That's my preferred way of buying, but entirely too many times lately I have been given to follow my impulses first, while only figuring out the finances later. I'd like to put an end to that in 2022.

This shopping method goal is also closely related to another goal, and that is to stop selling cards in 2022. eBay / Paypal and tax law changes are actually helping to do this for me, but for a long time now in relation to my impulse buys, it seems I am sometimes caught in a vicious cycle of the "sell this to buy that" mentality when it comes to expensive vintage cards. For a number of reasons, I just want to stop doing that - and the handwriting for me is on the wall that 2022 is the right time to try.

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-18-2021 at 02:24 PM.