Quote:
Originally Posted by cjedmonton View Post
Surprisingly little impact.

Only 5 adjustments

Slotted Kaat for mid 60s
Moved Hunter to mid 70s
Moved Sutter back a few years
Moved Carlton and Gossage up a few years

I have decided on the actual years for everyone, but will reveal them as a surprise for those following my progress.

Nice to have an even 30 subjects now representing the first 30 years of regular Topps (1952-81)…at least until 2024. My own 30 for 30 if you will.

Lee Smith “breaks the streak” because his RC is in ‘82.

The main goal here is to represent the entire vintage era of Topps with a different Hall of Fame pitcher with no omissions, no repeats, and no rookies.

With Kaat’s induction, every year from 1952-81 can be represented by a different HoF pitcher with no one left out. Just a cool coincidence.

If I expand this to all Topps era HOF pitchers, I can add any of Smith’s non-RC cards along with the other 9 modern guys (Maddux, Glavine, Johnson, Smoltz, Mussina, Hoffman, Martinez, Rivera, Halladay).

But the magic is to be able to assemble a run of 30 consecutive years during Topps’s heyday with every HOF pitcher during that time.
So in other words every other HOF pitcher in the 82 set already would have been used once in some prior year?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.