View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 10:03 AM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I mostly just like playing devil's advocate, or at least think that all sides should be considered in discussions. I hate when groupthink starts off with a set of assumptions (which are often invalid) and these discussions just build and build on top of them without those assumptions being challenged. This shill bidding topic is a prime example. People have been accusing PWCC of shill bidding (PWCC themselves, not just their consignors) for years. Before this whole eBay scandal blew up, whenever people were asked to provide evidence of these shill bidding claims, the crowd always pointed to the fact that PWCC got higher prices for their cards than other eBay sellers. This is of course absurd, and in no way constitutes evidence, or even suggests, that PWCC was shilling their own auctions.
What is actually absurd is that you just posted the above. If ya want to play devil’s advocate or challenge groupthink, ya might want to start posting actual facts and accurate statements. When you don’t…and you don’t…it is not really contributing to an honest debate. The closer I read you the more I see you don’t always really know what you are talking about. Not sure why more do not call you out, honestly.

Anyway your conclusion that ‘the crowd always pointed to the fact that PWCC got higher prices for their cards than other eBay sellers’ was a basis for their determining shill bidding at PWCC is as spot on as you asserting eBay was materially impacted by their banning PWCC. The crowd does not have access to eBay bidder records but even without those there were countless times it was demonstrated shill bidding occurred.