View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 03:43 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfriedm View Post
There was an absolutely gorgeous T205 Cy Young (PSA 7) that I was following. I had hoped that if it stayed in the 15-20K range I would make a play for it, but I feared it would go for more like 25-30K. It went for over $110,000. I think that has to be a record for any PSA 7 T205 card, and by a wide margin.
Out of curiosity, why did you think this would only go for $25-30k? Were you more just hoping for that, or did you research recent comparable sales first that led you to believe that was it's range?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlesinj View Post
The 52 Mantle authentic altered that I believe someone here was bidding on ended up $45k w BP.

In general Ruth and Mantle all ended up being the head toppers.
I was bidding on that Mantle as well, but I was probably the 4th underbidder or so. I dropped out when it crossed about $35k or so with BP since I already have a very similar card. I have an authentic altered Mantle with similar eye appeal that I also paid $45k for. Which is interesting, because there is no public record of my sale since I bought it with Bitcoin, and there really are no other similar comps for this card in recent years. So for both to sell for the same price within a 2 or 3 month window by multiple independent buyers, despite no recent comps, means we are all probably using similar methods to estimate its value. I was called an idiot and a sucker for paying that much for it when I posted it here not very long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
I know this gets posted every time but the fact it ends at 6am is ridiculous. No clue why they don’t go to item by item ending at some point.
Yes, it's extremely annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
all ended pretty strong - Seems like the high grade high demand HOFers (Ruth, Cobb, Mantle, etc) are reaching new heights - many mentioned earlier in this thread. The 55 Jackie salesman panel closed pretty strong as well as did both Mantle Briggs items. The hobby is alive and well! Agree 1000% about the 6AM closing! Left this one empty-handed.
Ruth, Cobb, Mantle, Mays, Jackie and a few others will likely continue to outpace the rest of the vintage market. Ruth and Mantle in particular. I'm grabbing whatever I can while I still can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
What the hell? Someone explain.
I think Branch Rickey cards are likely receiving a bump because of the history between him signing Jackie Robinson to the Dodgers back in 1945, and changing the future of the game. A lot of attention has been paid toward civil rights in recent years, and Jackie Robinson's cards have strongly outpaced other stars from that era as a result. I see this trend continuing.