View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Wow!! Very nice piece!

Good point on seeing a signing with a Rock Star. Not a chance in hell, personally, would I send that album through the mail even if knew Gary would sign it personally at his residence or place of business.

Any idea on the value of your album?
I think hell arrived a long time ago. There are so fewer record stores which has put quite a damper on in store appearances though over the years I have attended many including - The Police, Genesis, Hall & Oates, Ramones, Todd Rundgren & Utopia, Ten Years After, Ted Nugent, Blondie, King Crimson, Lou Reed, Beastie Boys, The Stranglers, The Jam, Souixsie & the Banshees, Aretha Franklin, George Clinton, Emmylou Harris, Iggy Pop, Grand Funk, Joe Strummer (The Clash), Henry Rollins and The Allman Brothers. All of these people were friendly.

Book signings, which still happen, have included Ronnie Wood, Bette Midler, Gene Simmons and Graham Parker. Simmons, Parker and Wood all signed anything else you gave them.

These days there are autograph shows which focus mainly on movie and television personalities, but musicians have been appearing at them for quite a while. Chiller Theatre, a twice yearly event in New Jersey - www.chillertheatre.com has hosted quite a few musicians signing for $$. I have not gone for all of them, but the ones I remember in the last 5 years are: Alice Cooper, Ace Frehley, Marky Ramone, Keith Emerson (ELP), The Smithereens, Peter Tork and Mickey Dolenz (Monkees), Martha Davis (Motels), C.J. Ramone, Richie Ramone, Yvonne Elliman (top 10 hit Saturday Night Fever), Bo Donaldson (top 10 hit), Ron Dante (Archies lead singer), Ellen Foley (female singer on Meatloaf's 'Bat out of Hell' album, solo albums and on tv on "Night Court). The October 25-27 event includes Cherie Curie (Runaways) and Scott Ian and Charlie Benante of Anthrax.

Meatloaf recently signed at a fan convention. I believe it was in Atlanta and there were other musicians.

The Hollywood Show which happens several times a year has also included musicians. Lou Gramm will be at the November show.

Artimus Pyle did the Chantilly show in July. I had him sign my rock book. He was doing sketches on drumheads which were quite nice. I think it was $65.00. If you were a big fan it seemed like quite a deal.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 08-14-2019 at 10:40 AM.