View Single Post
Old 06-13-2022, 06:53 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Why would you restore it? It's an historical artifact. Part of its history is that Jeter (most likely) stopped using it because it cracked. You've now erased that bit, and turned the bat into something it isn't.
David, I agree! I will say however, depending on how bad the crack is (total separation), many prefer to have the bat repaired.

My Arod 1st Career Grand Slam Bat is cracked (no separation). PSA graded it a 9.5 due to the crack. The crack is a part of and a result of the grand slam, so I definitely want it to remain as is. PSA told me it graded a 9.5 due to the size (length) of the crack. If smaller, it would have graded a PSA 10. To me, if it's cracked as a result of its use, then it shouldn't matter. That's just my opinion.

PSA bat grading can be frustrating. I don't see a bat pounded with use, and having a crack, being downgraded .5 for the crack; it is a result of the use. Taking a bat with a crack, and then repairing it, now making it a PSA 10, doesn't make sense to me. The crack still occurred and is actually still there.

Not taking anything away from Michael's Jeter bat, as it's an awesome bat, and this is how PSA's process works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6-13-2022 8-08-33 AM.jpg (16.0 KB, 814 views)

Last edited by SyrNy1960; 06-13-2022 at 06:57 AM. Reason: edit