View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 07:36 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
If the bookie was assuming there was an Ohtani connection that does not mean there was.

I work for somebody you have heard of. If I need something from you, I might mention the name if I think it will help me get what I want. That doesn't mean my boss is involved on any level.
You guys got to stop leaping. No one has said Ohtani is guilty or knew he was the guarantor. Issei, however, obviously used him as the guarantee to be able to even place the bets and many acts were done in his name. If you work for Ohtani and you're placing huge bets guaranteed by him, according to you, I'm eventually going to ask to speak to your boss to validate that's actually true. Many of us are close to people worth silly money, but there is no way I could get away with making deals in such vast sums under their name without anyone asking to validate with them. Issei may well have impersonated Ohtani to the bookies and the bank too, or perhaps nobody even asked or tried to validate. It is entirely possible that Ohtani's current story and/or the version approved by the board tonight is correct and he did nothing wrong in any way whatsoever. He has still not been accused of anything.

I am saying Issei must have used his name, and question what happened here and how Ohtani and his financial advisors, who I assume exist, never noticed multiple huge transactions for many millions of dollars. The story today is pretty wild. I don't know how anyone can not wonder what happened and how this worked nor why it is so very clearly controversial to ask that here.