View Single Post
Old 04-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Default " He was black--take my word for it" ??

Posted By: petecld

C'mon, lighten up a little. Take the PC caps off and let your brains breath a little. I personally didn't find anything racist about the remark and even if i did this isn't the place to address it. I feel that comes across if you read the post and it's context. if I had a problem with what she said I would have contacted Julie directly. If she buys a card from me you're d*** right I will still cash the check. He/she who is without sin may cast the first stone. her comment has more inappropriate than racist.

As much as I enjoy the "friendships" of this board and the many other collectors I "socialize" with via e-mail and I have come to know a couple of people quite well, the truth is that for the most part what we have in common with each other is collecting. Whomever I buy/sell cards to/from is entitled to their beliefs. No one is perfect and I look forward to the end of this bleeding heart, liberal, politically correct era we live in.

tbob. . .you're of friend of Slick-Willy?

Now THAT is offensive!!! Just kidding. I won't worry too much about offending Bill - I think I can afford the pardon.