View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 05:40 PM
Ken Goldin

I am not a car appraiser, nor am I a car expert, nor do I spend money on cars.
The appraisal is posted online thru a link, and I believe the appraisers information is on it.

The car is being sold as a collectible. A piece of history of the 50th anniversary of the Naismith basketball hall of fame, and the induction of Michael Jordan. The purpose for the car existing was that, to commemorate the Basketball Hall of Fames historic anniversary. There is a video that goes with is online as it was part of a charitable venture. We will post that video as soon as possible. It cant be viewed as a 'used car with a bunch of signatures'.

I do not spend much money on cars. I would rather spend $100K or $500k on a sports memorabilia item. To some, my Babe Ruth game used bat collection, or my 500 HR jersey collection is a bunch of junk. My Ted Williams 1955 game used jersey or my 1956 Hank Aaron jersey is just 'old laundry' and to some, this car is a used aston martin with signatures. To others, hopefully, it is a one of a kind collectible, created for both a charitable purpose and to commemorate the great event of Michael Jordan's hall of fame induction. Someone may view the 1923 watch of Babe Ruth that was sold as a 'used Gruen watch' (comparison extreme, I will admit, but trying to make a point).
I am not in the 'used car business' and would not sell cars. This is a one of a kind collectible, created for a charitable purpose and to commemorate a historic event for the basketball fans.

In any event, to each his own.

Last edited by kengoldin; 03-31-2014 at 06:00 PM.