View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 04:23 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Good afternoon, Fred. Do please take the time to favor us with an anecdote detailing the provenance of these "New to the hobby 1961 Topps Dice cards Mantle Highest Graded!" I realize doing so can be laborious and time-consuming, but as someone who got on these boards earlier this year and wrote out this kind of anecdote, you might find it invigorating, as I did. You may not get much feedback, and I did not either, but I think your story WILL garner a lot of attention. Occasionally, when you knock yourself out and elucidate an enchanting story, the resulting silence is deafening with whispers.......

Should you decide not to bother with us, do take the time to write it up for the auction house you decide to work with. Good stories sell cards....... Brian Powell
Seems like Fred is too busy marketing them to share the backstory here. Either that or he's decided that the mystery adds to the aura, kind of like how the Noodle Incident is never explained in Calvin & Hobbes, so our imaginations are left to run wild at the possibilities.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg noodle incident.JPG (124.7 KB, 568 views)
File Type: jpg Noodle 2.JPG (146.2 KB, 582 views)
File Type: jpg noodle 3.jpg (210.8 KB, 570 views)

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel