View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 08:42 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default hmmmmm

Don't buy it at all. First nothing to do with cigars so makes what's said less credible? Second - without the felts manufacturer or possibly something from the ATC - no way were they pen wipes even if someone used one in that matter once or twice. On coupons and trade card type paper - it's been clearly stated that it's use was for the home honey to create household items. I have a folder showing all the things that could be done with them - pictures plenty of sewn items - no mention of a pen blotter. While I'm sure as a baseball historian he brings a lot to the table - sometimes supposition replaces fact.
I'm rarely right about anything - just ask my wife. However until I see something contemporaneous in print - ink blotter a HUGE stretch. I actually have a few blotters in my accumulation. 1930's-1950's their "hey day" and ostensibly made of a porous paper.
I would LOVE to see an actual reference as the utilitarian and/or practical uses in either situation are not mutually exclusive. Come over to the non-sport side (link at top) and let's discuss it. We have a couple of experts in the field that would be happy to explore and discuss the issue even though the S/L/B category gets little respect.

no guarantees whether written or implied........