View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
If the Post Office does not deliver the package, you probably shouldn't expect your money back, let me just say that. As the sender of the package, you will need to go to the Post Office to collect the insurance for non-delivery.
Gary and Tom:

Thanks for the replies.

Gary, I did not expect to keep the payment if the package was not delivered.

I just thought that this is, as Tom noted, a post office problem that paypal should not have gotten involved in.

I figured I would file a claim with P.O. and refund the buyers money from the P.O.insurance payment.

However because the buyer initiated a claim with pypal, it now is. Even though payment was through F&F which we all thought (think?) has no claims.

So, now paypal keeps my money, refunds it to the buyer then as Tom notes the package shows up before my claim with the P.O. comes through and I am out the $$ and the items if the buyer is not on the up and up and repays me.

This may be a strategy of the buyer once he knew the package was lost. I saw no other reason he would start a claim with paypal so soon without waiting to see what the P.O. looking into the lost package turned up.