View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Ed McCollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
I love your pursuit of this collection and think this comment feels icky to me. I hope the gentleman selling these cards is able to make enough money to be able to purchase his flight to AZ and attend a Spring Training game here.
Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like I hoped I was the only one bidding, and that Mr. Nicolls wouldn't get the full value of his cards. My intention was that I appreciate that many on the board, even if the card might fit something they are working on (specific brand back set, Southern League sub set) have been kind enough to not bid against me when cards that fit both of our collections come up. I've also tried to post in the past if one comes up, but is way, way out of my league to say go ahead, go for it, because I know I have no chance.

I have snipes in place for the cards, well in excess of what I would consider fair market value. I'm not trying to take money away from the current owner, just expressing thanks to those who might say "Oh, I've always wanted a card of So-and-So, but I'll wait for the next."

Really didn't intend for this to become icky, or seem underhanded. Sorry.