View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 06:08 AM
Ed McCollum

Default The email exchange between the seller and I continues.

Here is a bit more information...

Hi Ed, I m an Indians fan who has lived my entire 63 years in Toledo, OH. I m still thinking about how cool it is that I ve been sitting on these cards for almost 50 years never knowing that they were somehow special to anyone else. I hope you re able to get them all.

I made the decision to sell off my collection bit by bit as I have grandkids who don t have any interest in baseball history, or in collecting for that matter. Thus, it doesn t make any sense to just leave the cards to them. They might end up in the trash. Better for someone who truly enjoys them to have their turn to own them. The money I make is going to be used to fly out to Arizona in 3 weeks and see the Indians in spring training. I'm collecting memories now instead of cards.

and finally ...

I forgot to mention this about one of your questions. I discovered a wonderful collectors paper (actually, more of a pamphlet) back in the day called The Trader Speaks which had stories about different baseball card sets by Wirt Gammon and some other writers. It was published in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY by a man whose name I do not remember. He was later bought out by Sports Collectors Digest. TTS also included classified ads and that is how I obtained the cards from Mr. Gammon.

Last edited by Howe’s Hunter; 02-21-2017 at 06:09 AM.