View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Ben,
Probably the same way I did. I downloaded the picture from the web and printed it out.
I am very envious of David's original and it goes so well with the ticket. Of course, I know it's not the same day, but it fits together nicely.
Do you any of your pictures displayed?

Mike,
Very nice frame jobs. Was the price of the mats for archival mat board? If so, $8 is.a steal. What kind of lighting do you have?
Best,
Mark
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Yep, I did exactly what you did and printed it from the web. As you said, the picture isn't exactly from that day, but it's what it represents that counts and besides, I really didn't want a picture of Lou in his coffin with the ticket
Yes, that price was for archival mat board. They whip this stuff out pretty quick too, usually while I wait, so what they lose per piece they're making up in the volume I'm bringing in I guess. Plus, I have purchased a couple of frames from them and I make them look busy so customers are coming in to their small shop.
For lighting, I'm using track led lighting in the closet area where most of these new ones are going, and then in the rest of the room I have canned lights in the ceiling with a dimmer, but they rarely get used. It's mostly dark in the room until I want to look at stuff and then I open up the blinds just enough to have some defused lighting.
I just got back from getting the matting for a signed 8x10 of Amoros making his famous catch in the 55 series. The only problem is that the picture doesn't take up the whole 8x10 so I had them make the inner mat a bit larger and it actually looks pretty good. Once I get a ticket from Game 7 of the series, I'll be re-matting it anyway, but this will do for now and help make that wall look complete.

Last edited by mr2686; 05-20-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling