Thread: Babe Ruth $$$
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 02:21 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Just did the same check with my three raw Fro Joy cards (2,2,5), and they all exhibited the authentic characteristics as well. Great thread, had never heard about this feature on the authentic Fro Joys before.

But, if the existence of the small crosses/X's on the fronts, and closed/completed corners on the back, are really all that is needed to determine authenticity of the cards in this set, how come there has been so much perceived controversy and issues with TPGs authenticating and grading these cards in the past? This way to verify authenticity almost seems too good to be true, especially to those who like collecting raw cards. And we all know what is often said when something seems to good to be true..........!

I truly hope this thread and info is spot on. Just concerned a bit still because the answer seems almost too easy.
Good points...it certainly seems like more "collectors" have snapped up fro joys recently because they are cheap relatively speaking for their rarity/desirability.

I have a fake sheet I purchased back in college I will examine for x's/crosses when I get a chance.

Agree that if these 2 attributes are smoking guns this should change the whole collecting dynamic of fro joys.

I'm glad I just acquired my last one to complete my set!

Last edited by ullmandds; 10-04-2021 at 02:21 PM.