View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Default Size of Diamond Star Robert Rolfe Card...

Posted By: Brad Green

I picked up a 1935 Diamond Star Robert Rolfe card (#29 in the set). The card measures about 2 3/8 by 2 3/4. The Hayworth that I have measures 2 3/8 by 2 7/8, which is correct according to the Sports Collectors Digest. So the Rolfe is a full 1/8 inch shorter in height than the Hayworth. (Both cards are shown below.) Furthermore, not only is the Rolfe shorter in overall size than the Hayworth, but the size of the picture is also shorter. I find this very interesting.

I do not believe that my card is trimmed. I have looked around at other Rolfe cards that have been shown in groups with other Diamond Star cards. In many of those pictures, the Rolfe also appears to be shorter than the neighboring Diamond Star cards.

I'm curious if all Rolfe cards measure about 2 3/8 by 2 3/4, or if there are full-size Rolfe cards out there. So, for you guys who have a Rolfe Diamond Star card and have a few minutes, please measure your Rolfe and report its size. In reporting the size, also report the year of the card. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanks!