View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Default ebay : "buy it now" best deal you ever got.!

Posted By: Joann

Got this one for $150. I don't know how long it was posted, but 18 people had viewed and passed.

It was posted without a scan, so I emailed the seller for one. Instead of emailing, she posted on the auction as a revision but at least let me know via email that she had done so. For some reason unknown to man, I was still home on a weekday during mid-afternoon when she posted the scan within an hour after I had requested via email. I was screaming through my reprint scan files to double check, and finally decided to hit the BIN b/c she took PayPal.

I planned on keeping it b/c I just don't have cards like this. But that ol' camel-trader Toby talked some sense into me, and I packaged it with another card in a trade for this one:

I love what I ended up with. I've always wanted a Ruth card, and am so thrilled that I ended up with this one. Yes, that is a small chip of paper loss on the bat, and know what? I don't even see it anymore. I just am so happy that I own a decent looking Goudey Ruth. Based on purchase price of the two cards I traded, I have about $650 into it. I'm as happy as I can be about it.

Between the BIN and the trade, it is one of my favorite hobby experiences.

Joann