View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
Uhhhh...the guy on the left is Bucky Walters, the guy on the right is Jimmie Wilson. The 2 guys in uniform...the Lieutenant (left) I do not recognize. He is wearing "aviation greens", and appears to be wearing pilot wings. The Lieutenant-Commander is not Bob Feller. He was a Chief Petty Officer, not an officer, and he was not in the Medical Corps (this fellow seems to be wearing flight surgeon wings), he was a Gunner's Mate (plus, no self-respecting Chief would wear an officer's uniform). I believe this fellow is wearing a Cincinnati Reds hat, not Cleveland Indians, and while he looks a little bit like Bob Feller, I would bet the farm it is not him. Still, a nice photo with Walters and Wilson. It was Jimmie Wilson who converted Bucky Walters into a great pitcher after mediocrity as a third baseman.
Thanks James, I sent this to PSA for certification and identification. It was returned stating they couldn't identify anyone and didn't classify the photo. Thanks for the information on Bucky Walters and the information on the other 2. Much appreciated. I'm just going to hang onto it.